Saturday, January 20

Sweet and Sour Tofu and Vegetables

We got a menu through the door today for a local chinese takeaway. I had a quick look through it and was pleased to see that they did quite a variety of tofu dishes. This is really unusual for where we live so it made me disturbingly happy. We were thinking about ordering from there tonight but the more I thought about it the more I realised how silly it was, we had everything in the fridge to make something similar to what we would have ordered. So I whipped up some sweet and sour tofu and vegetables with white rice. I dipped the tofu in cornflour before frying it off to make it lovely and crispy, I then stir fried up some onions, peppers, and spinach and added it to the tofu with some sweet and sour sauce (sorry - shop bought sauce, I'm bad). It was really tasty and ridiculously filling - neither of us could finish it, so we've got some leftovers for later which is always a bonus.

The red image in the background of the picture there is Gary. He's on the computer probably completely oblivious to the fact that his dinner is sitting on the table waiting for him.

Gary's Dish Washing Rating - 2/5

No comments: