Thursday, January 25

Italian Bread Salad with Tomato Bombs

Yesterday I made the Italian Bread Salad from Vegan Italiano by Donna Klein. It has tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, and spinach with a red wine vinaigrette, and herbed croutons. I'm not one for just having a salad for dinner so I made Tomato Bombs from Vegan by Yvonne and Tony Bishop-Weston. These were hollowed out tomatoes, stuffed with cream cheese which was mixed with some of the tomato juice, garlic, and herbs. They went really nicely together, the filling of the tomato bombs which exploded onto the plate when you cut into them made a nice, creamy extra salad dressing. The herbed croutons gave a nice crunch to the salad, as well as the extra herby flavour they added.

Tonight I'll be perpetuating a stereotype by cooking vegetarian haggis as it's Burn's Night tonight. I've never cooked vegetarian haggis (or any other kind) before as I've always been wary of it, but I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

Gary's Dish Washing Rating - 3/5

No comments: