Sunday, December 24

Jaffa cupcakes and pressing tofu!


Orange puding cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. These were brilliant, and they tasted eerily similar to good old jaffa cakes.

VCTOW and Vegan With A Vengeance by Isa Chandra Moskowitz are my two favourite cookbooks (and I have a lot of cookbooks). There's not a single recipe I've tried from either which hasn't been a huge hit, and every time I open them I find new things I want to cook. Both of them are completely covered in cooking debris, but that's the sign of a well used cookbook isn't it?




I'm making a tofu roast for christmas dinner (from a recipe someone posted on the vegan freaks forum), so I'm currently preparing my tofu by pressing the bejesus out of it. The tofu is wrapped in cloth in the colander at the bottom there. Anyway, I though it looked funny so I thought I'd share the photo.

No comments: