Friday, January 4

I'm not dead!

Honest! My laptop was away for repairs and the desktop scares me and doesn't have my camera software on it. So, enough excuses. I have actually been cooking and taking pictures. I also have an Aerogrow update, but I can't be bothered figuring out what week it is. Who cares? Anyhoo, onto the food.
As soon as I saw Bryanna Clark Grogans stuffed seitan roasts in her newsletter, I knew I had to make one. This one is stuffed with a sage and onion stuffing and dear lord it was divine. It carved beautifully and was so tender. It is big though, so we were eating it in sandwiches for about a week, but we're not complaining. Here it is all sliced up and served with usual roast dinner things:
Next up are the chickpea cutlets from Vcon. I like them, but I don't love them. I think I'd make them again though and tinker with the seasonings. You can actually barely see the cutlets in this picture because they're drowned in onion gravy. Served with roast potato salad (currently my favourite way to eat potatoes... Mmmm... Balsamic vinegar....)
And, as promised, an Aerogrow picture:
I've started to harvest everything, and I'm really enjoying the constant access to fresh herbs, plus it smells lovely.

3 comments:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

OOOooo... PRETTY herbs. I love them! Wow!

Anardana said...

Oooo that looks sooo good!!

Shaheen said...

hi lelly,
your blog makes me smile. i live in the West of Scotland and am really keen to make the seitan stuffed roast from scratch, but am unable to get the vital gluten flour here. I tried a number of shops including the famous expensive Grassroots. Can you advise me what flour you used to make this mouth watering recipe and where I can possibly purchase it. Thanks.