Friday, February 9

Tempeh 'Chicken' Strips, Spicy Potato Wedges and Garlic Mayo

Not the healthiest of meals but it's a Friday night so meh. The Tempeh strips are inspired by a recipe from vegcooking but being the control freak that I am I adapted it, I think for the better. The recipe tells you to dip the strips in a mustard, flour, nutritional yeast and water mixture before dipping them in another flour mixture and then frying. I left my strips in the mustard mixture for about an hour and a half to really soak up the flavour, and it worked. I'm not sure how good they would have been without adding that step.

I got all fancy with the stacking and Gary joked that I really wanted to play Jenga with them instead of eating them. Har.

Anyway... They were really really good. The mustard marinade clung onto them really well and dipping them into the flour mixture before cooking them made them not as greasy as they could have been, which was good. I also dried a bit of the grease of and then cooked them in the oven for a bit, which helped a bit too.

The spicy potato wedges were spiced with sea salt, garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika. I could probably have done with a little bit less cayenne pepper, but they were still really good.

Gary's Dish Washing Rating - 4/5

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Ooh, those look yummy. And bonus points for the presentation :)