Wednesday, February 7

Aubergines with Tzatziki and Italian Bread Salad

A bit of a mix of the med meals there with the Greek tzatziki and the Italian salad.

I've made this salad before with the tomato bombs and it's always a hit. The aubergines were batter fried and it made them all lovely and gooey in the middle. I reckon the aubergines would be pretty good on sandwiches like that too. For the tzatziki I used Sojasun natural soya yoghurt, which was good because I nearly bought the Alpro Soya one which only came in like double the size of containers as the Sojasun one, and I only really needed a little bit. I think I preferred the taste of the Sojasun as well.

Ooh! The Cheesy Bean and Cheese Enchiladas that I made a while ago, remember them? They are absolutely amazing the next day! The cheese goes amazingly gooey and the flavour of everything seems to come out properly. Next time I make them I might actually just refrigerate them until the next day - they were that good.

Gary's Dish Washing Rating - 3/5

1 comment:

scottishvegan said...

That looks so delicious! I like the idea of the aubergines in a sandwich...I think i will have to try that sometime!