Sunday, September 30

Stuff, Stuff, and More Stuff.

Indeed.

I started back uni which kind of explains my absence. I have been cooking and taking pictures, just not posting, whoops!

Anyhoo, we had a potluck a few weekends back, so I thought I'd post some of the stuff from there.
Chocolate Chip Cookies from VwaV. Always a hit.
Raspberry Blackout Cake also from VwaV. First time I've made it, and I only had one tiny slice, but it was good.
These were brought by our friend. She hand made the tortillas without a tortilla press! They were delicious. Inside them was a mexican beany mixture. Fantastic.
I'm not entirely sure what to call this. The inside of the tofu was hollowed out and stuffed with various things (I would say what, but I'm still working on the recipe), and then sealed over with some of the scooped out tofu. It was then marinated and baked wrapped in foil. I then dipped it in the remainder of the marinade and dredged it in a flour and nutritional yeast misture and fried it. It was really really good, but the recipe needs a little bit of work.
That's an action shot of the stuffing.

7 comments:

radioactivegan said...

Wow, that tofu looks amazing. I hope you get the recipe worked out soon. Yum!

Kris said...

The kiev-type thing looks yummy! Am inspired to experiment with doing something similar meself! :)

Steffi said...

woah, stuffed tofu O_O !

Anonymous said...

ooh, I am intrigued by this tofu method.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

The cake looks absolutely delicious, as does the stuffed tofu!

Lelly said...

Aww thank you all! I think I'm gonna try making it again tonight and tweaking the recipe a bit.

Obviously, I'll post the results.

Unknown said...

Hello Kelly, need to know where to find Tempeh at Dundee. Can you help me find some. my email is below.
Thx.
helmi
hmi83(at)hotmail.com

Just replace (at) with @.
That is just to confuse some email bot program.