Sunday, April 6

Huzzah!

Food o plenty in this post. First up is the food of sick people all over the world, mac and cheese. I was in hospital last week because apparently blood clots aren't supposed to be in your lung, who knew? Well I did, but I am very clever. Anyhoo, when I got out I wanted to make a batch of something hearty that I could work my way through for a few days, so as always I went for the new farm mac and cheese. I reduced the oil quite a lot though, because it really is quite ridiculous. Here it is with roasted brussel sprouts, which are the rockingest cruciferous vegetable around:

I had an influx of vegans this weekend for much drunken and non drunken fun. Some out of towners came up on the Friday night which to me seemed like a perfect excuse to have a pizza party.
This first pizza has basil tofu ricotta and pesto, it was the yum.
This one has mozzarella cheezly and home made pepperoni. Also the yum. There was a third pizza that was essentially a combination of both of the above, but at that point my stomach had given up on letting me eat pizza and I was far too bloated to get up and take a picture.

11 comments:

Tuimeltje said...

That doesn't sound too good. Glad you're home now, making yummy-looking food!

Vegyogini said...

Wow, Lelly, thank goodness you sought medical attention for the clots when you did. One of my good friends passed away due to a pulmonary embolism this year and her death could've been prevented with early detection. I can't believe you felt well enough after a hospital stay to entertain friends this weekend. That's amazing!

Romina said...

Thank goodness you're okay!! Your food looks fab. That pizza is making my mouth water!

Lelly said...

I know it's serious, but I'm fine. It got nicely dispersed with a big injection of blood thinners into my belly!

It was the week before last, so I had plenty of time to recover before the vegans descended, so it was all grand!

Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

How scary! I'm really glad you're okay. As for the pizza - looks amazing!

Miss Kris Dove said...

*drools*

I <3 that mac n cheese since you introduced me to it, but I too tend to half the oil since it is a bit much methinks! I make the VWAV roasted garlic brussels all the time too as Jay is addicted and requests them!

Nicole said...

Pizza! :D I'mma have to try those sprouts, too.

insane scribbler said...

Hi,
Saikat from BlogsJam here.
Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
blog. we have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget
) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl contact me at saibose@gmail.com so that i can send you the slideshow widget for your blog.

thx-Saikat

DJ said...

Glad you're out of the ozzie - mac n' cheeze and roasted sprouts, you'll be on the mend in no time!

Dark Faerie said...

hope all is well and you are all better :)

The Voracious Vegan said...

The pizza looks so amazing! Glad you are feeling better!