Sunday, April 6

Huzzah!

Food o plenty in this post. First up is the food of sick people all over the world, mac and cheese. I was in hospital last week because apparently blood clots aren't supposed to be in your lung, who knew? Well I did, but I am very clever. Anyhoo, when I got out I wanted to make a batch of something hearty that I could work my way through for a few days, so as always I went for the new farm mac and cheese. I reduced the oil quite a lot though, because it really is quite ridiculous. Here it is with roasted brussel sprouts, which are the rockingest cruciferous vegetable around:

I had an influx of vegans this weekend for much drunken and non drunken fun. Some out of towners came up on the Friday night which to me seemed like a perfect excuse to have a pizza party.
This first pizza has basil tofu ricotta and pesto, it was the yum.
This one has mozzarella cheezly and home made pepperoni. Also the yum. There was a third pizza that was essentially a combination of both of the above, but at that point my stomach had given up on letting me eat pizza and I was far too bloated to get up and take a picture.

11 comments:

Tuimeltje said...

That doesn't sound too good. Glad you're home now, making yummy-looking food!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Wow, Lelly, thank goodness you sought medical attention for the clots when you did. One of my good friends passed away due to a pulmonary embolism this year and her death could've been prevented with early detection. I can't believe you felt well enough after a hospital stay to entertain friends this weekend. That's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're okay!! Your food looks fab. That pizza is making my mouth water!

Lelly said...

I know it's serious, but I'm fine. It got nicely dispersed with a big injection of blood thinners into my belly!

It was the week before last, so I had plenty of time to recover before the vegans descended, so it was all grand!

Wheeler's Frozen Dessert said...

How scary! I'm really glad you're okay. As for the pizza - looks amazing!

Kris said...

*drools*

I <3 that mac n cheese since you introduced me to it, but I too tend to half the oil since it is a bit much methinks! I make the VWAV roasted garlic brussels all the time too as Jay is addicted and requests them!

Nicole said...

Pizza! :D I'mma have to try those sprouts, too.

Saikat said...

Hi,
Saikat from BlogsJam here.
Wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the
blog. we have 2 cool widgets ( a slideshow widget and a content widget
) which can help enhance site interaction and reader's experience. pl contact me at saibose@gmail.com so that i can send you the slideshow widget for your blog.

thx-Saikat

DJ said...

Glad you're out of the ozzie - mac n' cheeze and roasted sprouts, you'll be on the mend in no time!

darkfaeriecreations@gmail.com said...

hope all is well and you are all better :)

The Voracious Vegan said...

The pizza looks so amazing! Glad you are feeling better!