Thursday, November 22

Balsamic Tofu with Hasselback Potatoes and Sweet Onion Sauce

Yum. The tofu was marinated in a balsamic (and stuff) mixture for the best part of a day and then baked and fried. Has anyone else heard of Hasselback potatoes? I've made them before, but I went to google them to check I was spelling it right and there were no results! Weird! Anyhoo, you take potatoes and cut them in half lengthwise, par boil them, and then make a few scores into them. You then roast them and when they're very nearly done you take them out and put some breadcrumbs, and parmezano on them and roast them until crispy. The sweet onion sauce started out being the one from Veganomicon, but I got bored of that one and went my own way. It's just how I roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered your blog. Yippee for non American vegan blogs! I got my Veganomicon a few weeks ago too and am having fun with it. My blog is at http://veganefcliz.wordpress.com/