Monday, March 5

Traditional(ish) Sunday Dinner

I was feeling in a traditional mood yesterday so after scouring Vegweb for a little while I found a lovely sounding recipe for 'Tofu Steak and Onions'. It was cooked in (vegan) worcester sauce and soy sauce and had a lovely tangy taste to it.

I served it with some carrots and broccoli. I'd usually have roast potatoes with this kind of meal but I have a tendency to make far too many of them and then eat the vast majority of them myself, so I decided against it. You can also see a little gravy boat, but I'm sorry to say I didn't make the gravy myself, I can just never get in the mood for doing that unless it's a special occasion, I suppose I should really start doing that!

Gary's Dish Washing Rating - 1/5

3 comments:

Theresa said...

You should try the Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy from VwaV--so good. I'd love to have a gravy boat filled with that.

Lelly said...

I really need to get around to trying that, I've been meaning to make it for ages.

Anonymous said...

ain't nothing like gravy made by your very own hand. with mushrooms, nutritional yeast flakes, herbs and a bit of oil from the tempeh or seitan you just fried up, you cannot go wrong.