Monday, March 5

Traditional(ish) Sunday Dinner

I was feeling in a traditional mood yesterday so after scouring Vegweb for a little while I found a lovely sounding recipe for 'Tofu Steak and Onions'. It was cooked in (vegan) worcester sauce and soy sauce and had a lovely tangy taste to it.

I served it with some carrots and broccoli. I'd usually have roast potatoes with this kind of meal but I have a tendency to make far too many of them and then eat the vast majority of them myself, so I decided against it. You can also see a little gravy boat, but I'm sorry to say I didn't make the gravy myself, I can just never get in the mood for doing that unless it's a special occasion, I suppose I should really start doing that!

Gary's Dish Washing Rating - 1/5

3 comments:

Theresa said...

You should try the Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy from VwaV--so good. I'd love to have a gravy boat filled with that.

Lelly said...

I really need to get around to trying that, I've been meaning to make it for ages.

k@ said...

ain't nothing like gravy made by your very own hand. with mushrooms, nutritional yeast flakes, herbs and a bit of oil from the tempeh or seitan you just fried up, you cannot go wrong.