Sunday, June 28

Finals Will Eat Your Soul

Yes they will. You may or may not have noticed my disappearance. You may also have noticed that I like bullet points. Therefore, here is a lame bullet point list stating the reasons for said disappearance:
  • Final year exams. I existed mainly off of popcorn and ramen noodles. You dont want pictures of popcorn and ramen noodles.
  • Moving house. Yep, onwards and upwards.
  • The whole graduation shebang. I got a 2:1, which considering I had surgery twice in my final year, I think makes me an utter genius.
  • I started a new job. It's management-y and fairly demanding.
Anyway. A few weeks after I finished uni I celebrated with my boy by making a sushi feast. The boy had never had sushi before and judging by the way he gobbled it up, I think it's safe to say he liked it.
The sushi had spicy tempeh and spring onions. We had it with teriyaki dipping sauce. Absolutely completely nomtastic.
This is an unnecessary close up of the sushi.
I also made some Inari sushi stuffed with sushi rice and spring onions and at the front is the leftover tempeh from the sushi which was marinated and fried. Proper delicious.

You'd probably think that was too much food for two people, but you'd be wrong. We gobbled it all up in a worryingly short space of time. I'd do it again.

Ooooh! I just ordered an iphone! I'm mainly showing off, but if anyone has any good app recommendations, that would be much appreciated.

6 comments:

Meg said...

That sushi looks AMAZING! THis is the first time I've ever wanted to make sushi myself, NOM!!!

Penny said...

Lelly!!!! Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wondered what had happened to you!

That food looks great. We've been planning on trying making sushi and have the ingredients in the kitchen. Seeing yours has decided us to do it soon!

Lelly said...

Yay! I'm a sushi muse!

ms. veganorama said...

Looks fantastic dear. :)

Shaheen said...

Welcome back.

Glad to hear your well.

Congratulations on getting your 2.1and starting your new job.

Jules said...

Where did you find tempeh in Scotland?!