Monday, December 15

Weighted Companion (not quite) Cube Cake

I'm a geek, so it's only natural that the vast majority of my friends are also geeks. This weekend I went to a birthday party for one of my favourite people, who just so happens to not only be a geek, but also vegan! Score! So, I decided to make him the geekiest vegan cake I could. Behold, the vegan weighted companion (not quite) cube cake:
It's not quite a cube because I figured out that to make a cube this cake would have required about four layers, and I kinda have a little bit of a life, or at least uni work to do. So, i decided to only make one side of the cube. It was an executive decision. Also, yes the botton part has cracked icing. It's a square cake that got transported on a too small circular base. I have come to terms with this crack. You should too.
This is it sliced and my thumb making another blog appearance. The cake was a lemon cake (at the birthday boys request), with strawberry jam in the middle. The picture is rubbish because by the time we got to eating cake, I was fairly inebriated. Apparently when the cake was being sliced it was made certain that I got a bit with some heart on it. That's friendship, that is. Also, I feel the need to state, unequivocally, and for the record.

The cake is not a lie!

Anyway, unrelatedly, I hate Christmas. I just do. What I do like however, is all the good vegan food that appears in shops around this time of the year. I do like that.
Fancy spelt bread with red onion, cranberry cheddar cheezly, and cranberry sauce. I do like that.

7 comments:

Jc2k said...

:O! Damn, that Stu is a lucky boi. Please tell me there were "the cake is not a lie" jokes left right and centre..

DJ said...

Lelly, that cake is genius! I love me a bit of posh crimbo food too!

Lelly said...

@Jc2k - Why of course! The few people who did not understand the cake were also thoroughly mocked

@DJ - Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Cake for MEEEE!!!
still eating it...

Anonymous said...

I hate Christmas too, all the expectation.

Anonymous said...

Lelly!! That is the most awesomest bestest cake ever created!! You amaze me. :)

Opal said...

Quite worthwhile data, thanks for your post.